The english thread

Diskutiere The english thread im Smalltalk Archiv Forum im Bereich Smalltalk; Hello, you can discuss about firstGod and the world. ;) I wish you fun and a good day, the Brillenschlange WICHTIG Damit dieser Topic lange...
Status
Es sind keine weiteren Antworten möglich.
B

Brillenschlange

Reaktionen
Hello,

you can discuss about
God and the world. ;)

I wish you fun and a good day,

the Brillenschlange

WICHTIG

Damit dieser Topic lange erhalten bleiben kann und wir eine anregende Diskussion führen können, bitten wir alle, die sich hier äußern, darauf zu achten, dass

1. der Post sinnvoll ist.
2. der Post kein Spam ist bzw. immer etwas mit der Diskussion zu tun hat.
3. die englische Sprache nach bestem Wissen und Gewissen gebraucht wird.
4. darauf geachtet wird, dass es nicht zu einem "I find dich very nice"- Thread verkommt, es wäre sinnvoll, wenn man auf Vermischung von Deutsch und Englisch verzichten könnte, also bitte z.B. www.leo.org benutzen, wenn man einen Begriff nicht weiß.
5. Kritik sinnvoll und konstruktiv ist! Bitte nicht beleidigend reagieren und auch als Kritisierter immer höflich und den Regeln entsprechend antworten.

Danke!
Auch Moderatoren können nicht immer überall sein, bitte achtet als User selbst immer darauf, dass es hier in geregelten Bahnen verläuft.

A

Anzeige

Kennst du schon die Warehouse Deals? Amazon bietet hier zurückgesandte und geprüfte Ware deutlich billiger an.
Dort gibt´s das auch speziell nur mit interessanten Dingen aus dem Haustierbedarf. Was haltet ihr davon?
Draco

Draco

Reaktionen
G'day, mates!

The moderation will have a look at this thread for sure ;)

have a good time
André

B

Brillenschlange

Reaktionen
I hope. :)

If not, here I am! *laugh* Fear me, mates!

Good day,
Brillenschlange

seven

seven

Reaktionen
*just seeking a place to hide*
Ooooh, now I´m too afraid :003:

So, and what are we going to talk about now? ;)

Greetz,
seven (Ha! I don´t even have to translate my name :D)

Draco

Draco

Reaktionen
Don't know what to discuss about.... What about the wintertime?

You only have to pronounce my name in a different way :D
Draco

Kathrin P.

Kathrin P.

Reaktionen
Hello,
I think this thread is a great idea :D...let´s talk about tomorrow. What are you going to do? We´re going to go to our neighbours, where we´ll play a lot of funny games.
Greetz,
Kathrin ;)

pinki009

pinki009

Reaktionen
Dear Brillenschlange!

It saddens me to see that you did not follow rule number 4. As Leo would have told you, English people do not talk about "God and the world". They talk about "the world and his brother". ;)

Yours sincerely,
pinki009

[/attitude] Anyway, what am I going to do tomorrow? -I guess I'll proofread some more German subtitles at the homestarwiki (don't know if anybody around here knows Homestar Runner), because there are still some mistranslations and misspellings in them. Then I'll get myself some snacks and about three bottles of cola-slash-malt beer (not a mistake, I really talk like that) and spend the rest of the day-slash-night watching DVD. I got the first season of Full House and the third of Golden Girls as well as Back To The Future on DVD for Christmas, so the material should last a while. As for celebrating the new year, I don't do that. Ever.
Hate fireworks. I can't stand sudden and/or loud noises, and I'm afraid of fast moving and/or explosive objects, so I better stick with the TV.

seven

seven

Reaktionen
Well...
What am I going to do tomorrow?
Due to the fact that we are both down with flu, I guess we will spend the day watching some films, coughing, watching some more films, coughing again...
Maybe we´ll go to bed quite early, maybe we´ll stay awake and have a look at the fireworks... I don´t know yet...

Greetz,
seven

Audrey

Audrey

Reaktionen
[/attitude] Anyway, what am I going to do tomorrow? -I guess I'll proofread some more German subtitles at the homestarwiki (don't know if anybody around here knows Homestar Runner), because there are still some mistranslations and misspellings in them. Then I'll get myself some snacks and about three bottles of cola-slash-malt beer (not a mistake, I really talk like that) and spend the rest of the day-slash-night watching DVD. I got the first season of Full House and the third of Golden Girls as well as Back To The Future on DVD for Christmas, so the material should last a while. As for celebrating the new year, I don't do that. Ever.
Hate fireworks. I can't stand sudden and/or loud noises, and I'm afraid of fast moving and/or explosive objects, so I better stick with the TV.
Aha! Now here's someone whose English is quite a bit better than the average German's school English (no offence intended!). Do you actually use English for a living, and/or did you spend some time in some English speaking country?

Elly

Elly

Reaktionen
Oh great thread. ;)
Even if my English is very bad. (But i´ll learn it with "native speakers" in America for the next time. (oh no, i hate it) )

Tomorrow?
Oh. My birthday is tomorrow and for sure I am going to have a big party.
And; if you have your birthday at 31.12, you´ll learn to love the fireworks ;).
Is nobody else going to have a party?!

Yours,
Elly

Ike

Ike

Reaktionen
Congrats, this thread is really awesome :D A great idea.
I love the English language even more than German and I have no idea why.

I´ll be at home tomorrow just like every year with my family and watch "Dinner for one" ;) No party, I´m sorry.
Will you celebrate your birthday with your family or with friends or both? Do you enjoy having birthday on this date?

Greatings, Ike

Elly

Elly

Reaktionen
Hey Ike,

yes, I´m going to celebrate with my family in the afternoon and later ,in the evening, I´m going to have a party with my friends.

That`s a dificult question.
On the one hand yes, but otherwise... Look, at 24. is Christmas and then at 31. my brithday?
Furthermore I´m often thinking why I´m not born in the summer.
But HEY, I´ve got every year my own firework and it´s ever a special day. ;)

Ike

Ike

Reaktionen
Yes, I understand what you mean. I would like to have my own firework, too :D But I´m also happy to celebrate my birthday in May when everythings gets green again and the flowers show their colour ;)

(it´s more difficult to write in English than I thought it would be :?)

Chipi

Chipi

Reaktionen
I just changed the topic of this thread into "the english thread", because "the english topic" does not make much sense ;)

Now why is that? The topic of this thread is english (well, not really either, since we're not discussing the language here), so it is an "english thread", not an "english topic" - an "english topic" would be something brits talk about ;)

Cheers
Chipi

pinki009

pinki009

Reaktionen
Aha! Now here's someone whose English is quite a bit better than the average German's school English (no offence intended!). Do you actually use English for a living, and/or did you spend some time in some English speaking country?
Oh, thank you very much! :uups:
No, I am just very interested in foreign languages (or maybe language as such). For instance, I like to read books or watch movies in their original language. There are just so many good jokes you can't really translate, and some TV shows have very poor voice actors or translators... I mean, have you ever tried watching the German version of South Park? Or... dare I say it... Futurama? If not, please don't even think about it! You will regret it sooo much!
Also, English is pretty much the language of the internet. I mean, look up a random German word on the German wikipedia. Then look up the same word in English on the English wikipedia. There is so much more information (and so many more entries)! Or what abaout Youtube? About 80% of all internet phenomena are English/American. And Homestar Runner (which is currently my favourite cartoon show) isn't even available in any other language (or well, not until users like me translate the subtitles).
It's sad enough that I don't understand Japanese (because I recently discovered my new interest in anime), but English? I couldn't live without it. Seriously. It comes along with so many vantages. :054:

Felomina

Felomina

Reaktionen
Congrats, this thread is really awesome :D A great idea.
I love the English language even more than German and I have no idea why.
You´re not alone, I love English, too. I think it sounds much better than German and there are a lot words or phrases that don´t have a proper translation into German, I think. Sometimes I try to tell my parents something about a movie I´ve watched or a book im currently reading and can´t think of a german word to describe what I mean. And then I´ve got a problem, because my parents can´t speak english (my english isn´t very good either, but I´m trying to improve^^)

@pinki009: I completely understand what you´ve said. I´m watching One Tree Hill (Does anyone know this?) in English and it´s much better than the German version. I have to watch it in german right now, because there´s only the German version on the DVD and I hate it. Sounds so strange and completely changes the character of the people.

Well, I think this is enough English for now, It´s quite tiring. I´m not used to talk(ing?) about everyday-topics in English, in school we just talk about very complex things in our English course but I wouldn´t be able to communicate properly with someone whose mother tongue is English. I would have to starve in England*lol*.

I wish you all a happy new year. (--> I think this sentence sounds strange, but i don´t know how to translate it different:eusa_think:)

Byebye

Felomina

Felomina

Reaktionen
Oh yes...you´ve found one of my biggest problems in English. I almost always forget the "ly". I should know it by now, but I can´t get it into my head-.-
But thank you, maybe I´ll remember it somehow if I´m corrected often enough=)

Chipi

Chipi

Reaktionen
But "happy new year" ist correct though you thought it sounded strange ;)

Status
Es sind keine weiteren Antworten möglich.
Thema:

The english thread

The english thread - Ähnliche Themen

• English only!

English only!: Hello guys ;) I had some great idea (or I hope, it's a great idea). Today started our english lessons. While the apprenticeship I only have 20...
  • English lesson ^^

English lesson ^^: Hello good friend this is the english lesson^^. None German! only english! Each user asks a question and the next must answer to English...
  • English for the house-using (Englisch für den Hausgebrauch)

English for the house-using (Englisch für den Hausgebrauch): Vieleicht hilft es ja lol :mrgreen: Um internationalen Erfolg zu haben bedarf es grundlegender englischer Sprachkenntnisse. Für...
  • English for insiders-Englisch für...

English for insiders-Englisch für...: ...reingefallene!^^ Ma was Lustiges, um den alltag zu versüßen!: the language verbeatet - die sprache verschlagen voice break - stimmbruch You...
  • Balkon-Laber-Thread

Balkon-Laber-Thread: Hallo ihr Lieben :D Habe so einen Thread nicht gefunden, deshalb mach ich mal einen auf ;) Alles rund um Balkon kann hier rein :D Bin ja letztes...